How to make a 'screen
grab' of your website and add it to a Flickr gallery
This is how you add a screen grab of your SBI! website
to the gallery.
The process might look long and complicated, but it's
Just follow the step-by-step guide.
Step 1: Create a screen grab
1) I'll assume that you have the Mozilla Firefox browser,
because that's what SBI! recommends.
If you don't, download it by clicking the graphic below.
2) Install the Mozilla
Firefox Screen Grab add-on ... just click the 'Add to Firefox'
button and you will get prompts to talk you through the process.
You can create screen grabs by pressing the 'Shift'
keyboard button followed by the 'Prnt Scrn' keyboard
button, then opening up Photoshop or whatever image editing software
you use and pressing the keyboard buttons 'Ctrl' and
then 'V' to 'dump' the screen grab where it can be
saved or edited.
However, I have assumed no software and little knowledge
of this process ... just skip this section if you know what you're doing.
3) Once Firefox restarts (it always has to do this when
you install an add-on) you will see a little icon at the bottom right
hand side of your page ... hold your cursor over it and you will see
the words 'Screengrab!'
4) Navigate your browser to the front page of your SBI!
website, then click the icon as in the picture below.
5) Opt for 'Save' and then 'Visible
6) A window will pop open and you will be asked where
you want to save your screen grab.
7) Save it on the desktop or wherever you normally save
your website images ... basically just somewhere where you can find
Step 2: Create a Flickr account
1) Go to Flickr and either sign
up for a new account or sign in if you already have one, as in the
2) Once your account is created, you need to upload the
screen grab that you have just made.
Step 3: Add your screen grab to Flickr
1) Click on 'Upload Photos and Video'
as shown in the screen grab below.
2) Now click on 'Choose photos and videos'
- see below:
3) A window will pop open - as in the image below - allowing
you to browse to the screen grab you made earlier. Click on your screen
grab and then select the 'Open' button.
4) You will be invited to 'Set Privacy'
levels and you must do this otherwise your images will not display in
Click on 'Show more upload settings'
so that you see the full range of options illustrated below:
5) You need to make sure that your settings show:
- Public images
- Safe level
6) Click the 'Upload Photos and Videos'
button and you'll see the 'success' message below.
Click on 'add a description'.
7) You need to add the words sbi, site build it
and sitesell.com to the tags section.
Also add a suitable title - the name of your SBI! website
and your tagline - and a description ... whatever you think is suitable.
Make sure you save what you've done.
Step 4: Join the SBI! Flickr group
Flickr group is a public group (ie anyone can contribute) which
Anybody can add photos to the group ... they just accept
the simple and straightforward group rules first.
Here's how you do it.
1) Click on the word 'Groups' at the
top of the Flickr page and you'll be taken to the 'Your Groups'
2) Search for 'Site Build It' as in the
screen grab below:
3) You'll now see the options below ... click on the link
to Site Build It! websites.
4) Click on 'Join This Group' as in the
5) You need to read and accept the group rules, then you're
a member - it's as easy as that!
Step 5: Add your own image to the SBI! group pool
1) You should be in the Site Build It! website group pool
now, as in the illustration below.
2) Click on 'Organize' - see below:
3) Click on your screen grab and and 'drag and drop' it
into the working area, as shown below:
4) Your screen grab will appear like this if you have
done it correctly:
5) Now click on the tab marked 'Send to group'
and you'll be taken to the screen shown below ... click on 'Site
Build It websites':
6) You'll get a 'success' message like the one below:
Step 6: See your screen grab in the Flickr slideshow
1) Click on the pink 'Groups' tab at
the top of the page, then select 'Open group page'
as in the image below:
2) You'll see that your screen grab has now been added
to the group pool - this means that it will now automatically be displayed
widget 1 and SBI!
widget 2 that I created for SBI! users and your site image will
feed automatically into Facebook, Bebo and blog promos wherever the
widgets are installed - you don't have to lift a finger.
In addition, you can use the SBI! gallery however you
wish to create your own promos.
3) In the screen below, you need now to click on the words
'Group pool' just below the Site Build It!
4) You need to click on the word 'Slideshow'
towards the top right hand side of the page, as shown below:
5) You'll now be taken to a slideshow preview page,
as shown below:
6) Click on the word 'Share' in the top
right hand corner and you'll be offered a link/URL or the HTML code
to embed on your web pages.
You need to click on 'Customize this HTML':
7) You can now adapt the slideshow to suit your own website
needs, as in the screen grab below:
8) Fill in your required settings and Flickr will generate
your HTML code automatically, as in the image below:
9) When I cut and paste that HTML into this web page below,
this is what you get:
Congratulations, you can now make Flickr slideshows!
Step 7: Add your RR URL to your gallery image to help
you to make sales
The final step is to add your RR URL info to your gallery
photo so that you are credited for any SBI! sales that are made as a
consequence of somebody taking particular interest in your website.
1) Click on 'Home' and go to your image.
In very light grey test - under your image - you will
see the words click here to add a description ...
click on those words and a text/HTML box will open up, as in the image
2) You now need to add your own text and HTML code.
Take a look
at my page and how the text appears on the page ... here is the
HTML I used to achieve this.
I have highlighted my own RR URLs so that you can adapt
the HTML for your own website.
Blue = RR
Red = Tracker
<b>web-work-at-home.com</b> is packed
with FREE tips, hints, advice and guidance for all online and web-based
businesses. If you're thinking of starting a home based business online,
you've come to the right place. And if you've already started a home
business on the web, but you're not getting the results you want, you'll
find lots of interest on this website. The website is built using Site
Build It! ... find out <a href="http://buildit.sitesell.com/websiteacademy.html"
target="_blank"> more about Site Build It!</a>, learn
target="_blank"> how to make websites from the comfort
of your own home</a> or discover <a href="http://www.web-work-at-home.com/flickr2"
target="_blank"> why I chose to use SBI! after more than
10 failed websites</a>. However you choose to make your website,
Important note & disclaimer
This gallery is offered to the SBI! community as a joint
resource which I hope will benefit us all.
You should note that the only time I use my own RR URLs
the welcome page as you enter the group area and on my own website
screen grab - like everybody else.
I cannot accept any responsibility for technical failures
or problems with the feed and any queries about Flickr should be addressed
to Flickr Help
I reserve the right to cancel and delete the widgets at
any time, though if I leave the SBI! Flickr group, I will allow somebody
else to become administrator so that the group continues.
to Home Internet Businesses homepage